Submissions are now closed…
…but as a reference, here are the details of our submission call:
We are offering a nominal fee up front to all contributors, plus a physical copy of the collection. In addition, we plan to run a Kickstarter campaign prior to publication in an attempt to raise funds for increased author fees. The editor has previously organised two successful fiction-related campaigns, including one for our 2015 anthology — this is no guarantee of future success, but it bodes well! Details of the campaign will be shared when available.
- Maximum Word Count: 7,500.
- This is a very firm limit. Pieces between 2,500 and 5,000 words preferred. Flash fiction will be considered, but the longer a story the more it needs to impress.
- Submission Deadline: November 30th, 2017.
- Minimum Compensation: USD$15 on acceptance of contract, plus one contributor’s copy of the print-on-demand paperback on publication.
- All submissions must be the original work of the author — we will not accept any story incorporating copyrighted characters or material, fan fiction, etc.
- We require First Print and Digital rights, plus a six month period of exclusivity from the date of publication. All other rights remain entirely with the authors.
- While this anthology is intended for an adult readership, this is not a market for pornographic or offensively extreme content. “Artistic justification” is a good (if subjective) argument, and we shall (subjectively) assess each story according to its (subjective) merits.
- We welcome writers of any and all backgrounds and submissions exploring diverse perspectives, provided they do not seek only to attack or demean those of others.
- Acceptable document types are RTF, DOC or DOCX.
- Straightforward formatting is preferred for editorial convenience:
- Please use an easy-reading font (Times New Roman 12pt, etc.).
- Do not insert empty lines between paragraphs, or first-line indents.
- Use a single # to represent essential text breaks.
- Use italics for italics, don’t underline. Smart (“curly”) punctuation is fine.
- If your manuscript includes any unusual formatting, please alert the editors when submitting and have a really good, story-related reason.